IRAN WATCH CANADA

Sunday, April 24, 2005

" Shadi Sadr " wrote a protest letter to khatami about being banned to leave the country.

News.gooya.com ( Persian) : " Shadi Sadr " wrote a protest letter to khatami about being banned to leave the country.

She writes: On March 13/2005 , I attended in passport office and noticed that I am being banned to leave the country. the agent who took my passport and gave me a reciept because of my persistance on why he is taking my passport brought me to an office , On the enterance of the door was wrtten" section # 2 " , the officers who were present in the office instead of name only a number was written on their uniform and diden't give any explanation on why they were taking my passport.

Anyhow , after leaving the office and reviewing the law, I noticed that " section # 2 " means section #2 of the article #16 of the passport law ratiffied on 1972( during the reign of the Shah ) which says : " To the following persons for leaving the country the passport won't be issued : ....2- for those whose travel to abroad, based on the written notification of the ministry of information and security of the country , would be against the national interest" .
" Shdi Sadr was formerly a journalist and presently a lawyer and advocate of women issues and human rights.

IRAN WATCH CANADA
http://www.moriab.blogspot.com

Send Me A Message |"> |"> |"> | ">Balatarin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home